H.E. Suhail Mohamed Faraj Al Mazrouei has held the position of Minister of Energy since March 2013 before the Ministry changes its name in the Ministerial Formation in October 2017 to become the Ministry of Energy and Industry. In July 2020, the name of the Ministry has changed again in the new Ministerial Formation, and now it turns into the Ministry of Energy and Infrastructure, H.E Suhail Al Mazrouei is then appointed as the Minister of Energy and Infrastructure.
Besides his ministerial responsibilities, His Excellency holds the following positions:
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of The Federal Transport Authority-Land & Maritime.
- Chairman of the Sheikh Zayed Housing Program.
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Federal Electricity and Water Authority.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Federal Competitiveness and Statistics Authority.
- Member of the Supreme Petroleum Council and member of the Executive Committee of the Council.
- Member of the Board of Directors and of the Executive Committee of Mubadala Investment Company.
- Vice-Chairman of the Board of Directors of: (Emirates Nuclear Energy Corporation, Nawah Energy Company, and Barakah One Company).
- Member of the Board of Directors of Dolphin Energy.
H.E. Al Mazrouei has considerable experience in corporate administration in different sectors, including ship building, defence systems, oil and gas services sector and real estate development.
H.E. Suhail Al Mazrouei graduated in 1996 from the University of Tulsa in the United States of America with a Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum Engineering. He was born in Dubai on July 1st, 1973. His hobbies include poetry, literature and history.