H.E. Eng. Suhail Mohamed Faraj Al Mazrouei was appointed as the UAE Minister of Energy & Industry on 12 March 2013; where the Ministry's main tasks focus on contributing to sustainable development, coordination and representation of the petroleum, minerals, electricity and water affairs, and making a good use of them all for the benefit of the national economy.
Besides his ministerial responsibilities, His Excellency holds the following positions:
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Federal Electricity and Water Authority
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of «Cepsa».
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of «Borealis».
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of «Nova Chemical Company».
- Member of the Supreme Petroleum Council.
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Supreme Petroleum Council.
- Member of the Board of Directors of Mubadala Investment Company.
- Member of the Executive Committee of Mubadala Investment Company.
- Member of the Mubadala Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee (ARCC).
- Member of the Board of Directors of Dolphin Energy Limited.
H.E Al Mazrouei has excellent experience in corporate administration in different sectors including petroleum investments, shipbuilding, defense systems, petroleum and gas services, and real estate development. Furthermore, HE Al Mazrouei has held multiple positions in government as well as in the private sector and has achievements realized in the service of his country; and through his career in ADNOC which spanned 10 years before he moved to Mubadala Company in 2007.
As a petroleum engineer, HE Suhail Al Mazrouei rose through the ranks until he became the Director of Production and Engineering Facilities for all the companies operating in the offshore area of Abu Dhabi. He managed and coordinated a collective production of more than one million barrels daily.
HE has been working in the field of petroleum investments at Mubadala Petroleum from 2007 until 2013, where he served as the Executive Vice President and the Vice President for Business Sector. During his tenure at Mubadala Petroleum, HE was able to add new projects to the company's portfolio in Oman and in the Kingdom of Bahrain as well as in the Republic of Kazakhstan, which resulted in the raising of the value of assets in the company. He was responsible for the development of new projects and investments in exploration and production in the Middle East and Africa.
He was appointed as the Managing Director of International Petroleum Investment Company (IPIC) in 2015, and then IPIC was successfully merged with Mubadala Development Company under the name of Mubadala Investment Company. This merger is considered the largest of its kind in the country and in the region, hence forming the second largest investment company in the country.
H.E Suhail Al Mazrouei holds a B.A. in petroleum engineering from the University of Tulsa in the US in 1996. He was born in Dubai on July 1, 1973. His hobbies include poetry, literature and history. He is married and has four children.