Page last updated: Tuesday, October 18, 2022
Rate this page
1- Balanced national energy
This award is given to research that serves the energy sector in the following topics:
- Solutions to the challenges of the energy sector for power generation, transmission, distribution, and storage as modelling studies of energy scenarios, being a starting point for the identification and control of energy policies.
- Innovation in oil industries.
- Studies in the field of energy balance and raising efficiency in the UAE while reducing carbon emissions resulting from power generation.
2- Water security and water sustainability
This award is given in recognition of the important research and projects submitted by individuals or engineering teams that work to support the sustainability of water resources in UAE and address current and future challenges such as:
- Improving water efficiency.
- Improving water quality.
- Advanced technologies in the field of production, distribution, storage, quality control, desalination, and purification of water.
3- Innovative housing solutions
This award is given to the research providing innovative housing solutions within the framework of smart cities aimed at improving the indicators of city satisfaction, happiness, and well-being for the community.
4- Future mobility solutions
This award is given to research that serves the smart mobility of the land and sea transport sectors to reach green and sustainable mobility that addresses current and future challenges :
- Developing infrastructure with environmentally friendly urban mobility solutions.
- Use of modern technologies such as artificial intelligence and the Internet of Things to:
- Develop advanced and sustainable collective urban mobility.
- Develop self-driving mobility, logistics, strategies and policies required to meet the challenges to accelerate these projects across the country.
5- Better integration of urban planning
This award is given to research on current and future urban planning challenges to ensure a long-term holistic strategic vision for the UAE and to enhance the quality of life and well-being.
- Sustainable urban experience to achieve quality of life using smart and interactive infrastructure.
- Master planning to define the strategic objectives of the UAE including land-use planning and environmental planning.
6- Impacts of climate change on the resilience of the energy and infrastructure sectors
This award is given in recognition of important research and projects submitted by individuals or engineering teams that work to support and enhance the resilience of the energy and infrastructure sectors from the impact of climate change risks such as:
- Rising temperatures and their impact on water scarcity and sea-level rise.
- The impact of using materials and systems with more efficient specifications in smart and sustainable construction.
- Implement more efficient and sustainable water and energy systems.