Year of Giving
In December 2016, His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the UAE, announced 2017 year of Giving, based on three main axes: social responsibility, volunteering and serving the nation. This choice is an actual translation of the culture of benevolence and generosity upon which the vision of the state, based on its Arab and Islamic identity, was based, and on the approach established by the late founder of the State, HH Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan. His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, has set a comprehensive framework for activating the "Year of Giving 2017", defining objectives, formulating initiatives and programs and drawing up strategies that aim to promote charitable and humanitarian work in the country.
- Food Bank Initiative:
The Ministry donates canned and packed food, such as: all canned food, rice, flour, sugar, etc., and distributed monthly to the beneficiaries with the contribution of the ministry's employees.
- Openning of the Science & IT laboratories at the Jordanian Emirati camp in Marjib Al-Fhoud:
On behalf of H.E. Suhail Al Mazrouei, Minister of Energy, In March 2017, H.E. Dr. Matar Hamed Al Nayadi, Undersecretary of the Ministry of Energy, launced the laboratories in the Jordanian Emirati camp School. To strengthen national and community cohesion and deepen the concepts of community responsibility towards the community and in line with the Year of Giving Initiative.
- Organizing a reading session for the students of the Jordanian Emirati camp school "Marijib Al-Fhoud":
In cooperation with the Red Crescent, the Ministry of Energy organized a reading session for the students of the UAE Jordanian Syria's Refugee School , Marijib Al-Fohoud, in an effort to contribute to the enhancement of the Arabic language.
- Organizing an exhibition for orphan products in cooperation with the Sharjah Foundation for Social Empowerment:
For the second year, the Ministry of Energy organized an exhibition for orphan products in cooperation with the Sharjah Foundation for Social Empowerment in conjunction with Orphan Day.
- Happy & Warm Winter Initiative:
To view the video, click here
- Ministry of Energy celebrates Workers Day 2017.
- Ministry of Energy visits sick children at Latifa Hospital and celebrates the mid of Shaban with them.
- The Ministry's Ramadan Tent.
- The Ministry distributed Mir Ramadan to the Society beneficiaries & ministry's workers.
to view the video, click here
- The Ministry of Energy employees volunteer to prepare Iftar in a fasting Iftar tent at Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque.
- Holding a session of "Women's partner in Goodness and Giving" in conjunction with the UAE Women's Day and in cooperation with local and Federal Authorities working in the Energy Sector.
- Honoring Emirati women who have performed noble national roles and tasks that proved their tremendous ability to give, in conjunction with UAE Women's Day.
- Distributing telephone cards to ministry's workers to communicate with their families and congratulate them on Eid al-Adha.
- In conjunction with the Year of Giving MOENR family visit parents at the Old People's Home in Sharjah.
- Participating in "Orphan Wish Fullfilment" in cooperation with the Sharjah Foundation for Social Empowerment