Open Data Policy
Open Data is data that anyone can use, reuse, distribute or share with others without restrictions. The user might be asked to only mention the document source or to abide by copyleft licenses.
When adding an Open Data on the websites, MOEI is expected to adhere to the following criteria:
- Data should be accessible with no restrictions (e.g. registration).
- Data should be in a downloadable format and easy to copy from.
- File formats should be easily accessible by most users. Easy to use formats include MS Word and Excel.
- File type, size and time required to download should be available to the user.
- Special programs or software needed to run or open the file should be mentioned and plug-ins should be provided by the website.