Renewal of navigation license for commercial ship
About the service
This service allows the ships owner company to renew the navigation license for a national commercial ship and reissue it for foreign ships.
The required documents issued by approved authorities require a stamp, taking into consideration that the digital stamp is acceptable.
- Vessel’s CLASS and statutory certificates as applicable
- Ship insurance as applicable
- A copy of the ship’s registration, Manning, Radio license and CSR if applicable) foreign)
- A copy of the company’s commercial license.
- An employment contract with a governmental or semi-governmental entity or company with maritime activity within the country (for foreign ships only)
- To submit certificates of compliance with (GCCC) for passenger ships more than 12 meters and less than 24 meters and other ships more than 12 meters and less than 500 tons.
- Ship Station License from the Communications Regulatory Authority (for national ships only)
Login using UAE PASS account.
Fill in the required field and attach the required documents.
Video tutorial of applying for this service
3 working days
- Annual tax for each ship registered under the UAE’s flag = tonnage x 2 + inspection fees
- A late fee if the navigational license of a national commercial ship is not renewed within 60 days from the expiry date: 100 dirhams for each month, with a maximum of 1,000 dirhams
- Government Entities - Business Sector
- Website: 24/7
- Smart App: 24/7
- Port Authorities
- the local economic department in the emirate
- What are the documents required to renew a navigation license for a commercial vessel?
The documents required to renew a navigation license for a commercial ship are: 1. The ship’s certificates from classification authorities if its tonnage is more than 150 tonnes; and if it is less than 150 tonnes, a ship inspection report from the approved inspection companies. 2. Ship insurance. 3. Wireless Device license from the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority. 4. Copy of the ship's registration certificate. 5. Submit a (GCCC) certificate for passenger ships longer than 12 meters and shorter than 24 meters, and tonnage capacity of less than 500 tonness 6. Valid delegate card.
- What should I do if I’m not able to print the electronic application from the Ministry's e-services website?
This problem occurs when the browser blocks pop-up pages. To solve this problem, you must disable the pop-up blocker from your browser
Please check the user guide (PDF) for using the system in order to apply for the service.