Renewal of pleasure boat registration or licensing
About the service
This service allows customers to renew the registration of a national pleasure boat that sails or operates in the country’s waters or to renew the license of a foreign pleasure boat
The required documents issued by approved authorities require a stamp, taking into consideration that the digital stamp is acceptable.
- Owner's ID (both sides of the card)
- Approved salary certificate 20K or(owner/partner) in license whose capital is not less than 150K Dhs.
- Certificate of parking/registration of a trailer at marina/house overlooking the sea or from islander
- Original copy of a valid insurance 13\month issued by marine insurance company in the UAE.
- Submit an inspection report or a technical report for the pleasure boat issued by the authority or whomever it authorizes.
- Submit the radio station license for any boat of more than 35 feet in length from Telecommunications Regulatory Authority
Login using UAE PASS account.
Fill in the required field and attach the required documents.
Video tutorial of applying for this service
One Working Day
- 100 AED - 500 AED (check fees details)
- Renewal of a pleasure boat owned by a UAE national – tonnage x AED 2 with a minimum of 20 AED
- Renewal of a foreign-owned pleasure boat – tonnage x AED 3 with a minimum of 500 AED
- Delay fee if the boat or ship is not renewed within 60 days from the date of expiry - 50 AED for each month with a maximum of 200 AED
- Government Entities & Individuals (Citizen, Resident, Old Citizen, People of Determination)
- Happiness Service Centers: According to the service center working hours
- Website: 24/7
- Smart App: 24/7
- Department of Protection of Vital Facilities and Coast Guard - National Guard
- What should I do if I did not receive a letter of security approval for the renewal of a leisure boat in Abu Dhabi?
Please contact the Vital Facilities and Coasts Protection Authority 8002642 / 026555555 / 04/4025555 / 065082016 for this issue.
- Is it possible to renew a leisure boat registered in Abu Dhabi through one of the centers in the other Emirates?
Yes, the leisure boat can be renewed in any of the customer happiness centers, regardless of the place of registration, but according to the procedures followed, including the provision of the inspection report of the Coast Guard.
- What should I do if I’m not able to print the electronic application from the Ministry's e-services website?
This problem occurs when the browser blocks pop-up pages. To solve this problem, you must disable the pop-up blocker from your browser
Please check the user guide (PDF) for using the system in order to apply for the service.